The work will fall into the following main areas:
- Contribute to the ‘Communications Technology and Security Risk Management’ project, launched in November 2014. This will require you to manage the portal, promote the project both off and online, and actively seek new contributions.
- Manage EISF contributions to a global aid worker incident database.
- Contribute to EISF contextual, thematic and summary articles and blog posts for EISF website.
2. Event Support:
- Working with the Projects and Membership Officer to organise EISF events such as meetings and workshops.
3. Communications and social media:
- Assist in the development of EISF’s social media policy.
- Maintain EISF’s social media presence and identify content for the website on security related issues.
- Update the website with vacancies and trainings.
- Internal: EISF Executive Coordinator, EISF Projects and Membership Officer, EISF Researcher, EISF Members (70 organisations), and relevant Christian Aid staff.
- External: Key research and policy institutions such as ODI, Chatham House, CSARN, and EISF Network.
- Completed a degree or equivalent qualification in relevant field (e.g. social sciences, development studies, politics, international relations, law), or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Self-starter and innovative thinker, able to work on own initiative.
- Attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy.
- Sound knowledge of humanitarian issues and global contextual understanding.
- Interest in NGO security risk management-related issues.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and relationship-building ability.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Strong knowledge of social media tools and databases.
- Working knowledge of other languages such as Arabic, French and/or Spanish would be an asset.
- Understanding of the role of NGOs in the humanitarian sector.
- Knowledge of website content management systems (wordpress).
How much time can I give?
- Anticipated start date: early May 2014.
- Minimum commitment of 3 months, possibility of extension depending on performance.
- We ask for a commitment of 4 days per week.
What support will I receive?
- Individual support and supervision from the EISF Researcher and the Projects and Membership Officer.
- Appropriate induction and training for your role. Opportunities for external training.
- Out-of-pocket expenses of up to £12 per day.
- EISF is a member of Chatham House, and the volunteer will benefit from EISF membership to attend closed events.
- Opportunity to publish own content on the EISF website.
- Opportunity to attend EISF Forums and workshops.
For further information please refer to EISF website.
Please submit your application to Justina Amenu firstname.lastname@example.org using Research and Membership Assistant Spring-Summer 2015 as the e-mail subject line.
Deadline for applications is 13th of April 2015, midnight GMT.